Collections of the Musée de Normandie
The bequest of the Musée de la Société des Antiquaires de Normandie (Museum of the Society of Antiquaries of Normandy)
Romanesque sculptures and architectural fragments

Saint-Samson-sur-Risles (Eure), parish church 

The parish church of Saint-Samson sur Risle was consecrated in 1129 by Baudri de Bourgueil, Bishop of Dol. This church which survived until the beginning of the 19th century was built from the ruins of the monastery of Pental which is frequently mentioned in the 7th and 8th centuries and was destroyed a century later, during the Scandinavian raids.


Saint-Samson-sur-Risles (Eure), parish church, lapidary fragments

11th century