Saint-Contest (Calvados), the parish church
The church of the village of Saint-Contest is dedicated to the saint Bishop of Bayeux (between 480 and 513) which also gives its name to the commune. In 1207, Gautier d'Aigneaux, Lord of Saint-Contest, gave the patronage of the church to the Abbey of Ardenne. The construction of the church is however earlier than this and extends from the 11th to the 14th centuries, the tower being the oldest element.
Saint-Contest (Calvados), the parish church : lapidary fragments