the monastery of Pental.
The parish church of Saint-Samson sur Risle was consecrated in 1129 by Baudri de Bourgueil, Bishop of Dol. This church which survived until the beginning of the 19th century was built from the ruins of the monastery of Pental which is frequently mentioned in the 7th and 8th centuries and was destroyed a century later, during the Scandinavian raids. The various lapidary fragments presented here had been re-used in incrustation in the walls of the Romanesque church.
the monastery of Pental : lapidary fragments