Hérouville-Saint-Clair (Calvados), church of Saint-Clair
The church dedicated to Saint-Clair is the only one of the three former parish churches of the commune to be preserved. The oldest parts of the building date from the second half of the 12th century. It is in the area of this church that the Société des Antiquaires de Normandie exhumed this sarcophagus in 1885. Its walls have the unusual feature of being covered, both on the inside and outside, by boat graffiti motifs.
Hérouville-Saint-Clair (Calvados), church of Saint-Clair : lapidary fragments