Caen (Calvados)
Church of Saint-Gilles

Small columns

First or second half of the 12th century

These twin small columns originate from the church of Saint-Gilles, destroyed in 1944. (Caen, Calvados). They were carved in limestone during the 12th century.
The two small columns are separated by a wide flat surface carrying a mask on the upper part, the lines of which are carved in outline.

Dimensions of the object
H. 0.37 m ; l.  0.38 m ; Prof. 0.16 m  

- Thybert H, Inventaire du lapidaire roman du Musée de Normandie, Association Caen-Archéologie, 1992

Musée de Normandie, Caen, Calvados
DSAN 83 1218 234, Dépôt de la Société des Antiquaires de Normandie