Roumois & Vallée de Seine

cliquez ici pour consulter l'album photographique Manneville-la-Raoult
(canton of Beuzeville, Eure)

Church of Saint-Germain

    The Romanesque nave whose south side aisle has disappeared, was given a chapel in the 15th century and windows added in 1925. It opens onto the choir through a large full raised arch with archaic ogive vaulting "among the most impressive in Normandy and apparently dating from the second quarter of the 12th century".
The western facade wall, created in a bond of tufa and pink mortar and strengthened by four flying buttresses, has the special feature of a chimney in its thickness located inside the building to the left on entering.


- Musset, Lucien., Normandie romane, 2. Haute-Normandie, La Pierre-qui-Vire : Zodiaque 1974, p. 28-29