Located on the course of the Epte, the village of Dangu had two castles which were built in the 12th century. Little survives of the first of these, and the other dominated the village from a hill on the west opposite the church of Saint-Jean-Baptiste in Dangu.
Located between Gisors and Château-sur-Epte, it faced the French castles of Courcelles and Boury. Its architecture followed the rules applied for these frontier castles: a motte surrounded by an enclosure and a keep built on the enclosure wall facing the plain; a bailey surrounding the accommodation is itself enclosed by a stone wall. The dwelling was still visible in 1911.
- Levé, Michel. “ De Verneuil à Gisors au temps des Plantagenêts ”, Connaissance de l’Eure, n° 89-90, juillet-octobre 1993.