The construction of Aisy Chapel, now disused, dates back to the end of the 12th century. With a rectangular plan, the chapel comprises a nave and slightly raised chancel with a flat east end. The round-arched doorways, and the windows with slightly pointed heads, are decorated with chevrons, mouldings and scallops, and are supported by colonnettes with capitals. The main door is on the side wall of the nave. The arch of this doorway comprises a scalloped hood mould, a wide outer order decorated with chevrons and an inner order with roll mouldings decorated with besants. The jambs of this doorway have two colonnettes on each side and on each side of the opening for the door against the nave wall are paired colonettes. The chancel, with two rib-vaulted bays, is the most ornate part of the building. Two windows pierce the east wall. These are decorated with chevrons, like the arches, which separate the bays.
Statistiques de l'arrondissement de Falaise, Brée l'aîné, Falaise, s.
d., T. II, 5ème cahier, p. 167
- Caumont Arcisse (de), Statistique monumentale du Calvados, Hardel , Caen, 1859., T. 4, pp. 803 - 805