The church of Saint-Pierre-sur-Dives is that of the former Benedictine abbey founded by the Countess Lesceline, wife of Guillaume d’Eu, brother of the Duke of Normandy Richard II. The first church, consecrated in 1067, burned down in 1106. It was rebuilt, and then virtually completed under the abbotship of abbot Haimon at the end of the first half of the 12th century. Further work was however carried out during the 13th century. In the 16th century, this second church, in a very poor state of repair, was completely rebuilt by the abbot Jacques de Silly.
- Caumont, Arcisse (de). - Statistique monumentale
du Calvados, Hardel, Caen, 1859, 4 vol., T. III, p. 537 à 554
- Degroult, Michel. - L’abbatiale de Saint-Pierre-sur-Dives, Syndicat d’initiative de Saint-Pierre-sur-Dives, Saint-Pierre-sur-Dives, 1974
- Gouley, Roger. - Histoire de l’abbaye de Saint-Pierre-sur-Dives, Imprimerie Varin, Saint-Pierre-sur-Dives, 1989