Liste des sites du Pays d'Auge cliquez ici pour consulter l'album photographique Saint-Arnoult
(Canton of Trouville-sur-Mer, Calvados)

Church of Saint-Laurent

   At the foot of Mont-Canisy, there are preserved the ruins of the former parish church, abandoned during the revolution, and those of a priory chapel. The church which is located to the west of the group, is completely roofless. It only presents some vestiges of the Romanesque style, the base of the tower built into the south of the choir and the southern and western walls of the nave which retain traces of fish bone bonding. These Romanesque parts of the building date back to the 11th century. The transformations that have been made to the church are many. Most of the windows are from the 15th and 16th centuries, as is a chapel occupying the north wall of the nave. The tower was completely re-worked in its upper part during the 18th century.


- Caumont, Arcisse (de). - Statistique monumentale du Calvados, Hardel, Caen, 1859, 4 vol., T. IV, p. 233 à 237
- Musset, Lucien. - Normandie romane, Zodiaque, La Pierre-Qui-Vire, 1987, T. 1, p. 40
- Treuil-Demars, Martine. " Les églises romanes du nord du Pays d’Auge – Saint-Arnoult ", dans Le Pays d’Auge, octobre 1985, 35e année, n.° 19, p. 3 à 11