The church of Saint-Germain in Cintheaux, built on an old Roman road from Vieux to Jort, constitutes a very cohesive monument built all at one time in the mid-12th century. Despite later alterations (the tower re-worked at the end of the 17th century, and some fairly heavy-handed restoration at the end of the 19th century) the church retains some remarkable features in common with the small rural churches of the plain of Caen.
- Caumont, Arcisse (de). - Statistique monumentale
du Calvados, Hardel, Caen, 1859, p 546 à 550
- Musset, Lucien. - Dictionnaire des églises de France, Robert Laffont, IVb, 1968, p.45
- Musset, Lucien. - Normandie Romane,. Zodiaque, La Pierre-Qui-Vire, 1987, T.1, p 31
- Les siècles romans en Basse-Normandie, Art de Basse-Normandie, n° 92, Printemps 1985, p. 108-109