Probably belonging to the County period, this church is mentioned in a document (1101) of the Count Ruggero. It is of centred Basilian-Byzantine type, (see Trinità del Delia) and seems to precede by some decades the subsequent thematic elaborations of the churches of S. Maria dellAmmiraglio and of S. Cataldo of Palermo. The pictures show the characteristic decorations with splayed arches and crowning battlements. The geometrical partitions symbolically repeat the number three.
Guido Di Stefano, "Monumenti della Sicilia Normanna", Palermo, 1979
Melo Minnella Palermo