According to an old tradition, this church was founded, by Roberto il Guiscardo during the siege of Palermo, or before his death. However because of the play of the external volumes and the cupolas, the church shows some stylistic characteristics belonging to the XII century. The interior has the form of a basilica divided in three parts by pillars with wooden covering and a presbytery with cupola. It appears as a transitional architecture between the County and the Kingdom. The pictures show the harmonious external juxtaposition between the volumes of the basilica and those of the presbytery and the cupolas.
Guido Di Stefano, "Monumenti della Sicilia Normanna" Palermo, 1979
M. Guiotto, "La chiesa di S. Giovanni dei Lebbrosi in Palermo", La Giara, Palermo, 1952
Melo Minnella Palermo